“Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true
God and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.” John 17:3
Our mission is to help those who do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ get to know Him as Savior and Lord.
We also believe that our assignment is to be a “church that heals” – helping those who are already followers of Jesus but are emotionally broken and spiritually “stuck” or stagnant become whole again and live vibrant victorious lives through Christ.
We seek to accomplish this by helping people develop a love relationship with Jesus Christ and become relationally connected to others in the body of Christ for the purpose of fellowship, discipleship (mentoring) and service to others.
New Life at Hocutt is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention.
What We Believe
- We believe that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God and is our only infallible and authoritative rule of faith and practice. (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:20-21)
- We believe in the one Triune God eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14)
- We believe in the Incarnation: the deity of Jesus Christ. His is Lord, the Son of the Living God, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary and is truly God and truly Man. (Luke 1:26-35)
- We believe all men are by nature and by choice sinful and lost apart from a relationship with Jesus Christ. (Psalms 51:5, Romans 3:23, 5:12)
- We believe in salvation by grace through faith in the substitutionary atonement of Jesus Christ. He died on a cross for our sins, was buried and was raised bodily on the third day obtaining eternal redemption for mankind. (Isaiah 53, Luke 24:1-3, 1 Corinthians 15:1-8, Hebrews 9:12-14)
- We believe that water baptism and Holy Communion are scriptural ordinances that are to be obeyed in the church age. (Matthew 28:19-20, 1 Corinthians 11:23-24)
- We believe in the rapture of the church and the personal, visible return of Jesus Christ to establish His Kingdom. (1 Thessalonians 4:16, Revelation 19:11-16)
- We believe in the infilling of the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:18) and that all of the gifts of the Holy Spirit are available for believers and are operative today. (Romans 12:3-8, 1 Corinthians 12:1-11) to help us live a righteous life and minister to others effectively.(Acts 2:8)
- We believe in the priesthood of all believers – that every born again believer has direct access into God’s presence without the need of a human priest. (1 Peter 2:1, 5-9)